Subtask font rendering, WINE Topic is solved

Moderator: abstr

mjmesiti

Subtask font rendering, WINE

Post by mjmesiti » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:26 pm

When using ToDoList v7.2 with WINE v4.12.1 (Crossover v19) everything works pretty well. In fact I've been using it with WINE for a number of years with no issues. However one issue started when upgrading either WINE or TDL within the last 6 months or so: fonts for Titles of Subtasks in the Task Tree view do not render as the selected font and size from the preferences.

The highest level task titles as well as subtask details (columns) render just fine... only subtasks title have the problem. It seems to default to some kind of system font (Microsoft San Serif?). However, all of the other views work perfectly (Gantt, Calendar, etc)... in those views all indented subtask titles font and size render perfectly. Is there a difference in how fonts titles are rendered for the Task Tree view? I tried the latest 7.3A7 and the issue still is present. See attachments for Task Tree and Gantt views for reference.
Attachments
Task Tree.png
Task Tree.png (876.5 KiB) Viewed 2075 times
Gantt.png
Gantt.png (840.48 KiB) Viewed 2075 times

abstr
Site Admin

Re: Subtask font rendering, WINE

Post by abstr » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:51 pm

Welcome mjmesiti.

It would be hugely helpful if you could work your way through the previous releases until you find the point at which the issue was introduced.

Narrowing the problem down for me in this way will make all the difference.

rilley

Post by rilley » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:43 pm

mjmesiti wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:26 pm
When using ToDoList v7.2 with WINE v4.12.1 (Crossover v19) everything works pretty well. In fact I've been using it with WINE for a number of years with no issues. However one issue started when upgrading either WINE or TDL within the last 6 months or so: fonts for Titles of Subtasks in the Task Tree view do not render as the selected font and size from the preferences.

The highest level task titles as well as subtask details (columns) render just fine... only subtasks title have the problem. It seems to default to some kind of system font (Microsoft San Serif?). However, all of the other views work perfectly (Gantt, Calendar, etc)... in those views all indented subtask titles font and size render perfectly. Is there a difference in how fonts titles are rendered for the Task Tree view? I tried the latest 7.3A7 and the issue still is present. See attachments for Task Tree and Gantt views for reference.
Did you found a solution?

I think is related to the "High Resolution Mode" enabled in Crossover 19 bottle. Go to Crossover 19 > your bottle > right click > settings > uncheck "High Resolution Mode"

BTW: Do you have issues with Mac OS X Catalina and Crossover 19 and Todolist 7.2 version? Like the app works slow and on bigger TDL files it crashes unexpectedly?

abstr
Site Admin

Post by abstr » Sun May 24, 2020 1:45 am

Fixed in 8.0.B8