Scrolling with Touchpad still not working Topic is solved

Moderator: abstr

didi

Scrolling with Touchpad still not working

Post by didi » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:06 pm

Hello there,

In this thread (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=567&start=10; see also viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1023&hilit=mouse+w ... t=10#p4309, which has been solved) I had posted about this issue, and I've posted with every update since (including A11), letting know that the issue persists the same. Since there hasn't been any reaction to those posts I thought it a better idea to create a separate thread for this issue, instead of "hijacking" others ;D

So just to sum up, when I use my bluetooth mouse to scroll in any part of TDL it works as expected. When I'm on the move and haven't got my mouse, and use the touchpad, then the scrolling is really weird, and it behaves differently in different Views. I realised that it even occurs in the preferences window (though in the left pane with the overview not at all, apparently, and in the settings pane it goes very very slow or sometimes not at all...). It works fine, though, in the "Tasks Due" window that opens at the beginning. The details are to be found in the other thread. I'll attach an anonimised file - but as stated in the other thread, I've tried various previous versions (where the issue didn't occure when far enough back), and with the standard list file, having the same issue, so... It can't be down to the preferences then either, I guess.

Thank you so much!
Attachments
Todo.rnd.tdl
(387.09 KiB) Downloaded 71 times

abstr
Site Admin

Re: Scrolling with Touchpad still not working

Post by abstr » Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:49 am

Thx Didi, I'll take another look though the problem thus far is that I haven't been able to reproduce the issue...

didi

Post by didi » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:28 pm

Ah, ok! Sorry I had not understood that! Is there anything else I could do for you? Any logs or debugs from trying it out...?
Onfortunately I'm not aware at this moment of another software with a similar particular setup where you have to separate lists that should scroll synchronoysly, so that I could try it out and see if the issue persists...
I've also made a few quick test with Ms Word, Excel; Adobe Acrobat DC; GIMP without any issues. I also tried with Google's old Picasa 3, which doesn't seem to work quite as well as the others, I have to make "more of an effort" to get it to scroll...
But again, that's simple up and down, or left-right at high zoom... Not two lists that have to scroll at the same time.
Let me know!

abstr
Site Admin

Post by abstr » Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:33 am

Awesome, I can finally reproduce it!

No idea what the problem was before...

didi

Post by didi » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:02 am

Yay! Getting somewhere!

abstr
Site Admin

Post by abstr » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:43 am

Fixed in 8.1.A12!

didi

Post by didi » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:35 pm

You're a genius!!! 8D It is fixed!!! Thank you so much!
Well done.

abstr
Site Admin

Post by abstr » Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:57 am

I am so glad and you are most welcome!

Thanks for not giving up!