Calendar: Problem with calculated start date for completed tasks with no start and due dates Topic is solved

Moderator: abstr

Djo

Calendar: Problem with calculated start date for completed tasks with no start and due dates

Post by Djo » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:39 pm

Really not a big deal

TDL 8.1 A8

1) Complete a task with no start and no due date.

2) In the calendar set these Preferences:
"Display task 'Completion date'" option is checked
"Display tasks as continuous" checked
"Calculate missing start date as: the task's due date." (the setting I've chosen for uncompleted tasks)

> the completed task is then displayed with the start date 01/01/1900 (in fact the earlier date possible of the system) > Undesired behavior / bug

We'd rather expect as start date either the task's Creation date either the task's Completion date (would be nice to be able to choose).

abstr
Site Admin

Re: Calendar: Problem with calculated start date for completed tasks with no start and due dates

Post by abstr » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:37 pm

Many thanks.

ps. I think it's reasonable that wherever 'Due' appears in these options it be treated as 'Due (or Done)' as effectively agreed in our longer discussion.

ie. The completion date is used in place of the due date for completed tasks.

I will change the UI text to reflect this also.

abstr
Site Admin

Re: Calendar: Problem with calculated start date for completed tasks with no start and due dates

Post by abstr » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:11 pm

Fixed in 8.1.A9

Djo

Post by Djo » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:41 am

abstr wrote:I will change the UI text to reflect this also.
Maybe change too
Display tasks as continuous between their 'Start' and 'Due' dates
for
Display tasks as continuous between their 'Start' and 'Due' (or 'Completion') dates
?

abstr
Site Admin

Post by abstr » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:22 am

Will do.

Djo

Post by Djo » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:01 pm

two spaces here?
;-)
2spaces.png